At Maloney and Kennedy, PLLC, we can review your business or personal activity with you and consult on a wide variety of issues, to allow for well informed decision making. We can assist you in understanding your options, planning, and of course taxes. Our most common consulting engagements include:
- Business Startup
- Advice Regarding Type of Entity (Corporation, LLC, Partnership)
- Federal and State Identification Numbers
- Employment Issues
- Decisions Regarding and Implementation of Accounting Packages and Preliminary Consulting
- Advice Regarding Payroll Systems and Retirement Plans
- Forecasting and Budgeting
Starting your own business can be exciting, but also intimidating, and there are numerous things you need to consider to be sure your business is successful. Careful planning is fundamental to success, and we can help you fill in the gaps.
- Accounting Systems
- Effective and Timely Procedures and Reports
- Prevention/Reduction of Bottlenecks
- Controls to Assist with the Prevention of Fraud or Theft
Most people are familiar with the terms “Garbage In, Garbage Out”. Systems should be designed to allow for the specific needs of the management of the company and also to allow for proper control of information, protection of assets and effective reporting.
While we do not sell or set up systems, we often find that many companies can benefit from a discussion from those who are familiar with systems and can provide an unbiased outside opinion. As auditors, we have a requirement to review the system of internal controls and report on deficiencies to management. Often our consulting on systems is done in conjunction with other services that are being provided including financial statement and tax return preparation. This consultation often results in the ability of staff to be more efficient and effective in their responsibilities.
Personalized and client-first focus for small and mid-size businesses
- Tax Planning
- Tax Returns
- Financial Statements
- Litigation Support Services
- Business Valuations
- Business Consultation
- General Bookkeeping